Leaders sharing their knowledge and experience
Showcasing the latest and greatest products and services in the industry
From over 26 different countries!
From leading companies around the world
Experts in vibration analysis and condition monitoring technologies
Featuring workshops, case studies and presentations
Couldn't have this event without the support - Thank you!
Choose between full day or half day workshops
Networking Events 5
Three days of keynotes, sessions, exhibits, networking, lunch, dinner, entertainment and more!
The CBM Conference USA is the world’s most anticipated vibration analysis and condition monitoring conference. First held in Orlando, Florida in 2016 as IMVAC, the conference has grown to be the largest and most important condition monitoring conference on the planet. If you work in one of the condition monitoring industries and live in the USA (or anywhere else for that matter) this is the only conference you need to attend this year. Find out more about what the CBM Conference USA is and how it works below or go straight to the registration page to book your ticket today.
What is the CBM Conference USA?
The CBM Conference is North America’s most highly regarded CBM event that is completely dedicated to the machine condition monitoring industry. Because the industry is so diverse and segregated, we bring all of the industry subsets together under one roof. This includes:
- Vibration analysis: the way to detect slight changes in vibrations that occur as a result of machines suffering faults
- Infrared thermography: thermal imaging technology that is used to detect manufacturing faults
- Wear debris analysis: oil sample analysis used to detect metal wear particles and other contaminants
- Motor testing: measuring motor currents to uncover faults in supply voltage
- Ultrasound: high frequency technology used to detect friction, turbulence or impacts within machines
- Lubrication: ensuring the long life of mechanical parts through proper lubrication
- Condition monitoring: appropriate condition and functioning can extend lifespan
- Alignment and balance: minimizing centrifugal forces to decrease strain and improve the reliability of machinery.
Over three to five days, the CBM Conference USA attendees will get the opportunity to hear from the industry’s biggest names and thought leaders, discover new technology and learn strategies that they can start implementing in their business as soon as they get home. The entire conference is hosted in the Orlando Florida B Resort and Spa hotel that is located within Walt Disney World. This makes the CBM Conference not only a fantastic place to upgrade your industry knowledge and expand your network, but also to discover one of the best places on earth.
Who should consider attending the CBM Conference USA?
If you work in the vibration analysis and condition monitoring industries, you should absolutely consider attending the CBM Conference USA. This is especially true if you live in the States, but we also welcome attendees from all over the globe. If there’s one condition monitoring conference you are thinking of attending this year, make it the CBM Conference USA. Both technical and managerial positions will find value at our conference. And returners will find it just as valuable as first-time attendees.
Why should you attend the CBM Conference USA?
There are many reasons why our guests choose to attend the CBM Conference USA. Here are some of the most popular:
- This is the largest and best vibration analysis and condition monitoring conference in the world. Only at our series of conferences can you find the level of industry insight that you need to improve the way that you work, and the CBM Conference USA is the biggest of them all.
- We provide an exceptional learning experience. Attend, and you will have access to two keynote speeches and over 50 industry presentations from experts across America and across the world. You’ll also have access to 30+ companies in the exhibition hall and the CBM Conference bookstore—a wide selection of books on vibration, reliability and condition monitoring technologies.
- You get the chance to network with other professionals just like you. Condition monitoring can be a sheltered industry, so many attendees love the opportunity to mix with their peers and grow their network.
- Onsite test rig that allows you to participate in various presentations that allow you to experience and diagnosis real life faults.
- You’ll hear from the biggest names and the brightest minds in the industry. This could be people like our founder, Jason Tranter, who will discuss new approaches and the new challenges facing our industry.
- Over the course of the three to five days, you’ll discover new things about the industry (techniques, tools, approaches) that you can implement back at home to change the way in which you and your company do business.
You shouldn’t need any more reasons than this. Head on over to the registration page to book your ticket today.
How to convince your boss to let you attend the CBM Conference USA
If we have convinced you to attend the CBM Conference USA, the next step is for you to convince your boss. Some may be lucky in that their bosses instantly understand the value that a conference like the CBM Conference USA can bring. Others may need a bit of convincing. We recommend using the following reasons to convince your boss:
The CBM Conference USA lets you meet and greet industry leaders
Working in our industries you don’t get many opportunities to meet vibration analysis and condition monitoring experts. That’s why it is so important to grab them when they come around. At the CBM Conference USA we make huge efforts to book the biggest names in the industry for our speaking engagements. The names don’t get bigger than here. But you don’t just get the opportunity to hear them at the CBM Conference USA, you also get the chance to meet and greet them throughout the event over refreshments, lunch and dinner.
CBM Conference USA lets you grow and cultivate your network
In this industry, it is important to grow your network to increase your knowledge and improve your business. Meeting like-minded professionals isn’t that easy. In fact, there’s only one place to really do it. And that is at the CBM Conference USA. Only here do we bring the best and brightest from our industry together so that you can make friends, trade ideas and grow your businesses together.
CBM Conference USA helps you to stay ahead of the curve
Using the best equipment and the latest techniques is essential to doing a good job. That’s why it is so important to expand your knowledge and make sure that you are up to date on the latest trends. For many, the simplest way to do this is to attend the CBM Conference USA. Nowhere else (apart from our other conferences) do vibration analysis and condition monitoring professionals get to learn about everything new in their industry over the course of just a few short days. What you learn at the CBM Conference USA could change your business for good.
Still need help convincing your boss? We have the tools you need
If the above points weren’t enough to convince your boss, we provide you with helpful worksheets and templates that are sure to get the job done. Download them now on our dedicated page.
Where is the CBM Conference USA held?
The CBM Conference USA is held at the Orlando, Florida B Resort and Spa. This hotel is located inside the Walt Disney World Resort, which means that attendees will be able to take advantage of a number of special benefits including a complimentary shuttle to each of the four theme parks and the Disney Springs Area. It also includes priority seating for Disney dinner shows and theme park restaurants, and preferred tee times at the Disney championship golf courses. The hotel is located just 18 miles from Orlando International airport. The airport does not offer a shuttle service to and from the airport, we have several preferred services which we have scored discounts for.
When is the CBM Conference USA held?
The CBM Conference USA conference is held every year in November. The weather in Orlando is quite bearable at this time, which makes it the perfect destination for those wanting to escape the cold of home. This also makes it perfect for those professionals looking to explore Disney World or hit the links after the event.
What you should know about attending the CBM Conference USA
If you are thinking about attending the CBM Conference USA, here is everything you need to know about the event:
- We offer two types of passes to the CBM Conference USA. Both give you access to all three days of the main conference and to the exhibition hall. But one will give you access to two full bonus days of events that take things to the next level.
- Whichever pass you buy entitles you to full access to the conference, including all of the keynote speeches, workshops, presentations, the exhibition hall, and a welcome gift. It also includes all of your food during the event such as a continental breakfast, refreshments, lunch and dinner. The pass does not, however, cover accommodation or travel costs.
- We have secured a special nightly rate at the Orlando Florida B Resort and Spa, but you do not have to stay there if you attend the conference.
- We have also secured a special discount rate for Disney Theme Park tickets of 10% for day passes of two or more.
- Wifi is available for free throughout the hotel for the duration of the event.
- We suggest that attendees wear business or business casual attire throughout the duration of the conference.
- If you have any special requirements or dietary needs, please let us know in advance.
Earn certifications at the CBM Conference USA
At the CBM Conference USA we offer more than just opportunities to expand your industry knowledge and network with your peers, we also offer attendees the opportunity to sit ARP, CMRP, SMRT, ICML and Accredited ISO Vibration Analyst Certification exams. You can find out more about each of these exams below.
Practitioners and leaders involved with the important role of improving the reliability and performance of an industrial facility should be recognized for their knowledge, experience, and contribution. The Mobius Institute Asset Reliability Practitioner (ARP) certification scheme will recognize the knowledge and basic experience of people at three levels; the Advocate who contributes to the initiative, the Reliability Engineer, and the Leader of the program. In addition, the certification scheme separately recognizes reliability engineers and leaders who have proven competence.
The Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional program is the number one credential for reliability, maintenance and asset management professionals. It is the only industry certification program accredited by the American National Standards Institute, which follows ISO standards.
The Certified Maintenance and Reliability Technician program is the top credential for reliability and maintenance technicians. Earning this certification shows your level of skill in preventive, predictive and critical maintenance.
The International Council for Machine Lubrication is a vendor-neutral, not-for-profit organization focused on the growth and development of machine lubrication as a field of technical endeavor. To this end, the organization offers a certification for individuals in machine condition monitoring, oil analysis, and lubrication.
Accredited ISO Vibration Analyst Certification
This certification is provided by the Mobius Institute Board of Certification and is ISO accredited like all of our certifications. If you are a Vibration Analyst who has completed training at ISO I, II, III or IV level with an approved training provider, the Mobius Institute Board of Certification will conduct ISO certification exams at the CBM Conference USA.
Sponsor the CBM Conference USA
We welcome sponsorship at the CBM Conference USA. If you would like to sponsor the event, please get in touch with our team, the details of how can be found on the sponsorship page.
We only host the CBM Conference USA once a year so we urge you not to miss out. You can register for your pass today by visiting our USA registration page. Prices vary depending on when you register, so please see our registration page. If you have a group of five or more people we are able to offer custom rates so contact us now.
If you aren’t sure that the CBM Conference USA is the right conference for you, perhaps one of our other worldwide conferences will be more suitable. You can find out more about them, and about our parent company the Mobius Institute below.
Other CBM Conference Events
The CBM Conference offer a number of other conference locations throughout the year. If you can’t make our conference in the USA because of the destination or the dates, perhaps you are available to attend our conferences in Australia, Asia, the Middle East or Europe. The Australian version of our conference has been going since 2017, is based on the Gold Coast, Queensland. Our European conference is located in Antwerp, Belgium and has been going since 2017. The latest addition to the CBM Conference event listings is our Middle East and Asian conference, which started in Dubai in 2017 and alternates annually between the UAE and Singapore. Each of these events provides all of the opportunities and experiences listed above. So, whichever event you attend, you’ll still get the same great CBM Conference experience.
Who runs the CBM Conference America?
The CBM Conference is run by the Mobius Institute, a worldwide provider of reliability improvement, condition monitoring and precision maintenance education to plant managers, reliability engineers and condition monitoring technicians all over the world. With offices in Australia, America, Belgium, Costa Rica and India, Mobius Institute offers easily understandable and comprehensive training in public, in plant and online, in addition to these fantastic conferences.
Who Should Attend
- Vibration Analysts
- Condition Monitoring Professionals
- Program Managers
- Overall Industry Professionals
- Event focused on vibration analysis and condition monitoring technologies
- Find new voices and experts in maintenance and reliability
- Build relationships with peers who face the same challenges
- Unique networking opportunities
What You Get
- Full access to all conference content streams
- Access to Exhibition Hall
- Attend Theater Presentations during all lunches
- Participate in all conference social gatherings
- Access the CBM Conference’s Test Rig where you can diagnosis hands-on real-life faults
- Coaching sessions that will answer all your questions about Reliability and Condition Monitoring
Vibration Analysis is an excellent technique to identify machine faults through non-destructive testing. Variations in the narrowband vibration spectra can identify a wide range of fault conditions, the severity, and the change over time.
Or thermal imaging, is an affordable, easy to use technology that provides an image where pixel color is related to temperature. It can be used to detect electrical, process & mechanical faults.
Oil Analysis & Wear Particle
Also known as ferrography, WPA is the microscopic study of wear-related particles suspended in lubricating oil & grease. Identification of particle shape and material type, can provide a very clear and early indication of specific faults.
Utilizing motor current measurements, and optionally voltage measurements it is possible to detect a range of faults in the supply voltage, in the stator, rotor, and termination box.
When friction (wear), turbulence and impacts occur, sounds are generated at frequencies above our hearing range. The ultrasound tools can detect these sounds in mechanical, electrical, and process applications.
Key to the life of bearings and gears, and thus the reliability of the machine. If the oil or grease is clean, dry, has the correct chemistry & is applied in the correct volume, those components will deliver trouble-free operation.
Alignment & Balancing
If the coupled-shafts are “collinear” (have no offset or angle between them) then the load on the shafts, coupling, seals, and bearings will be greatly reduced, thus maximizing their life.
If the rotor is properly balanced, the centrifugal forces will be kept to a minimum, and the machine and structure will suffer less stress and strain as a result, thus improving reliability.