WELCOME TO THE CBM CONNECT® + RELIABILITY CONNECT® CONFERENCE – South Africa
Powered by Mobius Institute, CBM CONNECT® Conference, now co-located with RELIABILITY CONNECT® Conference is designed specifically for condition monitoring professionals, maintenance managers and reliability engineers. From hands-on workshops, interactive learning sessions, and real-life case studies, to the latest technologies featured in the expo, this training conference provides practical learning in the important aspects of industrial condition monitoring technologies.
If you are involved in the vibration analysis, condition monitoring, reliability and predictive maintenance industry, and you work in South Africa or anywhere else in the world, this is the perfect training conference for you. Find out more about the conference below or go straight to our registration page to sign up for a pass for our next conference today.
What is CBM CONNECT® Conference, now co-located with RELIABILITY CONNECT® CONFERENCE South Africa?
This conference is South Africa’s best and only conference that is 100% for and about the machine condition monitoring industry. As such, our conference covers a broad range of technologies and sub-industries that revolve around keeping machinery in working order such as:
- Vibration analysis: the way to detect slight changes in vibrations that occur as a result of machines suffering faults
- Reliability engineering analytics (statistics, criticality analysis, Pareto analysis, Weibull, Crow AMSAA, Monte Carlo, RBD)
- Infrared thermography: thermal imaging technology that is used to detect manufacturing faults
- Wear debris analysis: oil sample analysis used to detect metal wear particles and other contaminants
- Motor testing: measuring motor currents to uncover faults in supply voltage
- Ultrasound: high frequency technology used to detect friction, turbulence or impacts within machines
- Lubrication: ensuring the long life of mechanical parts through proper lubrication
- Condition monitoring: appropriate condition and functioning can extend lifespan
- Alignment and balance: minimizing centrifugal forces to decrease strain and improve the reliability of machinery.
CBM CONNECT Conference co-located with RELIABILITY CONNECT Conference South Africa is the first conference and exhibition in South Africa to bring together all of these industries in one place. Our three to four-day conference presents industry professionals with the perfect opportunity to improve and grow their industry knowledge, mix with like-minded peers, learn new strategies and approaches and hear from the biggest and most respected names in the industry.
Who should attend?
Anyone who works in the condition monitoring or reliability industries should seriously consider attending, particularly if you live and work in South Africa or the surrounding countries. Whatever your position, whether it is technical or managerial, there are plenty of learning and networking opportunities to take advantage of. It doesn’t matter if this will be your first or your third conference, everyone is welcome and everyone is sure to learn something.
Why should you attend?
There are more than just a couple of reasons that professionals attend. Here are the top five:
- This is the only condition monitoring conference in South Africa. In fact, our series of conferences are the only ones of their kind anywhere in the world. That doesn’t mean they are small though. You’ll find every day packed with activities.
- We offer industry professionals the chance to attend two keynote addresses and over 30 educational presentations from experts in South Africa and across the world. You’ll also have access to the exhibition hall where companies demonstrate the latest products and trends every day.
- We also offer a unique networking opportunity for professionals. Rarely do you get to meet fellow professionals from across the country and across the world. But here it happens each day.
- We bring you thought leaders and industry experts, like our founder Jason Tranter, who discuss new approaches to the challenges you, and the industry as a whole, are facing.
- You’ll discover new approaches, technologies and tools that will completely change the way in which you work.
How to convince your boss to let you attend
Now that you have convinced yourself that you need to attend, the next step is to convince your boss. For some, this may be easier said than done. Some bosses will instantly see the value that a conference like ours can bring. Others will need a bit of convincing. If your boss wants to understand the value that they can expect in return for your investment into our conference, here is what you can tell them.
Nowhere else can you meet industry leaders than at CBM CONNECT co-located with RELIABILITY CONNECT CONFERENCE South Africa
The opportunities to meet real industry thought leaders and experts are few and far between when it comes to vibration analysis and condition monitoring. But it couldn’t be easier here. That’s because we go to great efforts to book some of the biggest names from our industry to lead discussions and give keynote addresses. But it gets better. You won’t just have the chance to hear these people speak, you’ll have the chance to ask them questions as you mingle with them over lunch, dinner and during other events.
You can build and grow your network
Cultivating a world class network is often overlooked in this industry. But it can be a great benefit to you and your business. If you want to meet like-minded industry professionals from across Australia, then there’s only one place to do it — right here. We bring industry professionals together so you can trade ideas and build connections that can help you overcome the challenges facing your business.
The conference empowers you to stay ahead of the curve
Our industry is competitive. If you aren’t up to date on the latest trends and technologies, you could get left behind. That’s why it is so important to remain knowledgeable. But doing so is hard in an industry like ours. For many, the only way is to attend an event like this, where all of the world leaders are brought together in one place. A lot of the focus of our conference is on educating attendees about the latest industry trends and about introducing new and cutting edge ideas.
We also give you the tools to convince your boss to let you attend in South Africa
If the above points aren’t enough to convince your boss, we provide you with templates and worksheets that will more than do the job. Find them on our dedicated page.
What you should know about attending CBM CONNECT co-located with CBM RELIABILITY Conference South Africa
Thinking about attending? Here are a couple of things that we think you should know about before you arrive.
- Your pass entitles you to full access to the conference, all of the keynote addresses, presentations, the exhibition hall and a welcome gift. It also allows you to receive continental breakfast every morning, refreshment breaks throughout the day, lunch and dinner with entertainment. The pass does not include accommodation or transport costs, however.
- We have been able to secure a special nightly rate at the hotel where the conference is being held, although you are not required to stay there to attend.
- Wifi will be available throughout the conference and we recommend that attendees wear business causal attire for the duration.
- If you have any special requirements or dietary needs, please let us know beforehand.
Opportunities to network, learn and explore aren’t the only thing that we offer. Just like at the rest of our worldwide conferences, we give attendees the chance to sit for the ARP, ICML and Accredited ISO Vibration Analyst Certification exams. Find out more about each of the exams offered here.
Sponsor in South Africa
We welcome sponsorships! If you would like to sponsor the event, please get in touch with our team, the details of how can be found on the sponsorship page.
What is next?
We only host this conference once a year so we urge you not to miss out. You can register for your pass today by visiting the registration page on the top tab.
If you aren’t sure this location is right for you, perhaps one of our other worldwide conferences will be more suitable. You can find out more about them, and about our parent company the Mobius Institute below.
Who runs CBM CONNECT + RELIABILITY CONNECT Conferences?
CBM CONNECT Conference is powered by Mobius Institute, a worldwide provider of reliability improvement, condition monitoring and precision maintenance education to plant managers, reliability engineers and condition monitoring technicians. Mobius Institute has trained and provided accredited certification to over 35,000 practitioners all over the world. Training is important, but on-going learning and skills improvement is essential to stay on top in this important field, with offices in Australia, America, Belgium, India, Mexico and the Middle East. Mobius Institute offers easily understandable and comprehensive training in public, in plant and online, in addition to these fantastic conferences. Learn more about Mobius Institute.
Who Should Attend
- Condition Monitoring Professionals
- Reliability Leaders
- Maintenance Managers
- Reliability Engineers
- Plant Engineers
- Plant Managers
- Event focused on condition monitoring technologies
- New Reliability stream
- Find new voices and experts in maintenance and reliability
- Build relationships with peers who face the same challenges
- Unique networking opportunities
What You Get
- Access to conference content before the conference
- Entry to Exhibition Hall
- Participate in conference social gatherings
Condition Monitoring management involves the proper implementation of condition monitoring technologies and the interpretation of the results, for the purpose of supporting greater uptime of a plant's production.
Vibration Analysis is an excellent technique to identify machine faults through non-destructive testing. Variations in the narrowband vibration spectra can identify a wide range of fault conditions, the severity, and the change over time.
Or thermal imaging, is an affordable, easy to use technology that provides an image where pixel color is related to temperature. It can be used to detect electrical, process & mechanical faults.
Oil Analysis & Wear Particle
Also known as ferrography, WPA is the microscopic study of wear-related particles suspended in lubricating oil & grease. Identification of particle shape and material type, can provide a very clear and early indication of specific faults.
Utilizing motor current measurements, and optionally voltage measurements it is possible to detect a range of faults in the supply voltage, in the stator, rotor, and termination box.
When friction (wear), turbulence and impacts occur, sounds are generated at frequencies above our hearing range. The ultrasound tools can detect these sounds in mechanical, electrical, and process applications.
Key to the life of bearings and gears, and thus the reliability of the machine. If the oil or grease is clean, dry, has the correct chemistry & is applied in the correct volume, those components will deliver trouble-free operation.
Alignment & Balancing
If the coupled-shafts are “collinear” (have no offset or angle between them) then the load on the shafts, coupling, seals, and bearings will be greatly reduced, thus maximizing their life.