Who Should Attend
- Condition Monitoring Professionals
- Reliability Leaders
- Maintenance Managers
- Reliability Engineers
- Plant Engineers
- Plant Managers
- Event focused on condition monitoring technologies
- New 2 Reliability streams of presentations
- Find new voices and experts in maintenance and reliability
- Build relationships with peers who face the same challenges
- Unique networking opportunities
What You Get
- Access to conference content before the conference
- Entry to Exhibition Hall
- Participate in conference social gatherings
- Access to all Hands-on workshops
- Daily meals and snack breaks
- Access to the CBM test rig – where you can test and diagnosis real life faults
WELCOME TO THE CBM CONNECT™ + RELIABILITY CONNECT™ CONFERENCE
Powered by Mobius Institute, we are delighted to bring our celebrated condition monitoring training conference: CBM CONNECT™ Conference to Melbourne, Australia.
Since 2017, we have been hosting CBM CONNECT™ Conference on the Gold Coast in Queensland, but this year we have re-located to Pullman Hotel in Melbourne’s Albert Park. If you are involved in the vibration analysis, condition monitoring, reliability and predictive maintenance industry, and you work in Australia, New Zealand or anywhere else in the world, this is the perfect training event for you. Find out more about the conference below or go straight to our registration page to sign up for a pass for our conference today.
What is CBM CONNECT™ CONFERENCE Australia?
This conference is Australia’s best and only conference that is 100% for and about the training & improvement of the machine condition monitoring industry. As such, our training conference covers a broad range of technologies and sub-industries that revolve around keeping machinery in working order such as:
- Vibration analysis: the way to detect slight changes in vibrations that occur as a result of machines suffering faults
- Reliability engineering analytics (statistics, criticality analysis, Pareto analysis, Weibull, Crow AMSAA, Monte Carlo, RBD)
- Infrared thermography: thermal imaging technology that is used to detect manufacturing faults
- Wear debris analysis: oil sample analysis used to detect metal wear particles and other contaminants
- Motor testing: measuring motor currents to uncover faults in supply voltage
- Ultrasound: high frequency technology used to detect friction, turbulence or impacts within machines
- Lubrication: ensuring the long life of mechanical parts through proper lubrication
- Condition monitoring: appropriate condition and functioning can extend lifespan
- Alignment and balance: minimizing centrifugal forces to decrease strain and improve the reliability of machinery.
CBM CONNECT™ Conference is the first conference and exhibition in Australia to bring together all of these industries in one place. Our three to four-day conference presents industry professionals with the perfect opportunity to improve and grow their industry knowledge, mix with like-minded peers, learn new strategies and approaches and hear from the biggest and most respected names in the industry.
Now Co-located with the new RELIABILITY CONNECT™ Conference
Anyone interested in condition monitoring training should be interested in reliability improvement. The good news is that you can now attend two training conferences in one! Now there are more streams, more workshops, and more exhibitors. You can still focus on the condition monitoring training if you prefer, but you now have the option of attending sessions that also cover the practical side of reliability improvement.
CBM CONNECT™ Conference is now co-located with RELIABILITY CONNECT™ Conference. You can choose whether to attend condition monitoring presentations and hands-on workshops, sessions dedicated to precision and proactive maintenance, or interactive learning sessions that cover the reliability improvement program: the financial justification, how to develop the asset reliability strategy, work and spares management, root cause analysis, and much more!
Who should attend CBM CONNECT™ CONFERENCE Australia?
CBM CONNECT™ Conference (formerly known as IMVAC) is designed specifically for condition monitoring professionals, maintenance managers and reliability engineers. From hands-on workshops, interactive learning sessions, real-life case studies, to the latest technologies featured in the expo, this training conference provides practical learning in the important aspects of industrial condition monitoring technologies.
Why should you attend CBM CONNECT™ CONFERENCE?
There are more than just a couple of reasons that professionals attend. Here are the top five:
- This is the only condition monitoring Training Event in Australia. In fact, our series of conferences are the only ones of their kind anywhere in the world. That doesn’t mean they are small though. You’ll find every day packed with activities.
- We offer industry professionals the chance to attend keynote addresses and over 50 educational presentations from experts in Australia and across the world. You’ll also have access to the exhibition hall where companies demonstrate the latest products and trends every day.
- We also offer a unique networking opportunity for professionals. Rarely do you get to meet fellow professionals from across the country and across the world. But here it happens each day.
- We bring you thought leaders and industry experts, like our founder Jason Tranter, who discuss new approaches to the challenges you, and the industry, as a whole, are facing.
- You’ll discover new approaches, technologies and tools that will completely change the way in which you work.
CBM CONNECT™ CONFERENCE Australia brings industry leaders to you!
The opportunities to meet real industry thought leaders and experts are few and far between when it comes to vibration analysis and condition monitoring, but we do the hard part for you! That’s because we go to great efforts to book some of the biggest names from our industry to lead discussions and give keynote addresses. And it gets better; You won’t just have the chance to hear these people speak, you’ll have the chance to ask them questions as you mingle with them over lunch, dinner and during other events.
You can build and grow your network
Cultivating a world class network is often overlooked in this industry. But it can be a great benefit to you and your business. If you want to meet like-minded industry professionals from across Australia, then there’s only one place to do it — right here. We bring industry professionals together so you can trade ideas and build connections that can help you overcome the challenges facing your business.
CBM CONNECT™ CONFERENCE Australia empowers you to stay ahead of the curve
Our industry is competitive. If you aren’t up to date on the latest trends and technologies, you could get left behind. That’s why it is so important to remain knowledgeable, but doing so is hard in an industry like ours. For many, the only way is to attend an event like this, where all of the world leaders are brought together in one place. A lot of the focus of our training conference is on educating attendees about the latest industry trends and about introducing new and cutting edge ideas by the industry leaders who do what you do daily.
We also give you the tools to convince your boss to let you attend CBM CONNECT™ CONFERENCE
If the above points aren’t enough to convince your boss, we provide you with templates and worksheets that will more than do the job.
Perks of attending CBM CONNECT™ CONFERENCE Australia
Thinking about attending? Here are a couple of things that we think you should know about before you arrive.
- Your pass entitles you to full access to the training conference, all of the keynote addresses, presentations, the exhibition hall and a welcome gift. It also allows you to receive continental breakfast every morning, refreshment breaks throughout the day, lunch and dinner with entertainment. The pass does Not cover accommodation or transport costs.
- We have been able to secure a special nightly rate at the hotel where the conference is being held, although you are not required to stay there to attend. Make sure to specify you are attending the conference when making reservations.
- Wifi will be available throughout the conference and we recommend that attendees wear business causal attire for the duration.
- If you have any special requirements or dietary needs, please let us know beforehand.
Earn certifications at CBM CONNECT™ CONFERENCE
Opportunities to network, learn and explore aren’t the only thing that we offer. Just like at the rest of our worldwide conferences, we give attendees the chance to sit for the ARP, CMRP, SMRT, ICML and Accredited ISO Vibration Analyst Certification exams. Find out more about each of the exam types below.
Practitioners and leaders involved with the important role of improving the reliability and performance of an industrial facility should be recognized for their knowledge, experience, and contribution. The Mobius Institute Asset Reliability Practitioner (ARP) certification scheme will recognize the knowledge and basic experience of people at three levels; the Advocate who contributes to the initiative, the Reliability Engineer, and the Leader of the program. In addition, the certification scheme separately recognizes reliability engineers and leaders who have proven competence.
CMRP Certification (Not Offered Until Further Notice)
The Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional program is the number one credential for reliability, maintenance and asset management professionals. It is the only industry certification program accredited by the American National Standards Institute, which follows ISO standards.
CMRT Certification (Not Offered Until Further Notice)
The Certified Maintenance and Reliability Technician program is the top credential for reliability and maintenance technicians. Earning this certification shows your level of skill in preventive, predictive and critical maintenance.
The International Council for Machine Lubrication is a vendor-neutral, not-for-profit organization focused on the growth and development of machine lubrication as a field of technical endeavor. To this end, the organization offers a certification for individuals in machine condition monitoring, oil analysis, and lubrication.
Accredited ISO Vibration Analyst Certification
This certification is provided by the Mobius Institute Board of Certification and is ISO accredited like all of our certifications. If you are a Vibration Analyst who has completed training at ISO I, II, III or IV level with an approved training provider, the Mobius Institute Board of Certification will conduct ISO certification exams at CBM CONNECT™ Conference Australia.
Sponsor CBM CONNECT™ CONFERENCE Australia
We welcome sponsorships! If you would like to sponsor the event, please get in touch with our team, the details of how can be found on the sponsorship page.
What is next?
We only host this training conference once a year so we urge you not to miss out. You can register for your pass today by visiting our Australia registration page.
Who runs CBM CONNECT™ CONFERENCE Australia?
CBM CONNECT™ Conference is powered by Mobius Institute, a worldwide provider of reliability improvement, condition monitoring and precision maintenance education to plant managers, reliability engineers and condition monitoring technicians. Mobius Institute has trained and provided accredited certification to over 35,000 practitioners all over the world. Training is important, but on-going learning and skills improvement is essential to stay on top in this important field, with offices in Australia, America, Belgium, India and Mexico. Mobius Institute offers easily understandable and comprehensive training in public, in plant and online, in addition to these fantastic conferences. Learn more about Mobius Institute.
Condition Monitoring management involves the proper implementation of condition monitoring technologies and the interpretation of the results, for the purpose of supporting greater uptime of a plant's production.
Vibration Analysis is an excellent technique to identify machine faults through non-destructive testing. Variations in the narrowband vibration spectra can identify a wide range of fault conditions, the severity, and the change over time.
Or thermal imaging, is an affordable, easy to use technology that provides an image where pixel color is related to temperature. It can be used to detect electrical, process & mechanical faults.
Oil Analysis & Wear Particle
Also known as ferrography, WPA is the microscopic study of wear-related particles suspended in lubricating oil & grease. Identification of particle shape and material type, can provide a very clear and early indication of specific faults.
Utilizing motor current measurements, and optionally voltage measurements it is possible to detect a range of faults in the supply voltage, in the stator, rotor, and termination box.
When friction (wear), turbulence and impacts occur, sounds are generated at frequencies above our hearing range. The ultrasound tools can detect these sounds in mechanical, electrical, and process applications.
Key to the life of bearings and gears, and thus the reliability of the machine. If the oil or grease is clean, dry, has the correct chemistry & is applied in the correct volume, those components will deliver trouble-free operation.
Alignment & Balancing
If the coupled-shafts are “collinear” (have no offset or angle between them) then the load on the shafts, coupling, seals, and bearings will be greatly reduced, thus maximizing their life.