WELCOME TO THE CBM CONNECT® + RELIABILITY CONNECT® CONFERENCE in AUSTRALIA 2019
Powered by Mobius Institute, CBM CONNECT® Conference is designed specifically for condition monitoring professionals, maintenance managers and reliability engineers. From hands-on workshops, interactive learning sessions, and real-life case studies, to the latest technologies featured in the expo, this training conference provides practical learning in the important aspects of industrial condition monitoring technologies.
Since 2017, we have been hosting CBM CONNECT Conference on the Gold Coast in Queensland, but this year we have re-located to Pullman Hotel in Melbourne’s Albert Park. If you are involved in the vibration analysis, condition monitoring, reliability and predictive maintenance industry, and you work in Australia, New Zealand or anywhere else in the world, this is the perfect training event for you. Find out more about the conference below or go straight to our registration page to sign up for a pass for our conference today.
Who Should Attend
- Condition Monitoring Professionals
- Reliability Leaders
- Maintenance Managers
- Reliability Engineers
- Plant Engineers
- Plant Managers
- Event focused on condition monitoring technologies
- New 2 Reliability streams of presentations
- Find new voices and experts in maintenance and reliability
- Build relationships with peers who face the same challenges
- Unique networking opportunities
What You Get
- Access to conference content before the conference
- Entry to Exhibition Hall
- Participate in conference social gatherings
- Access to all Hands-on workshops
- Daily meals and snack breaks
- Access to the CBM test rig – where you can test and diagnosis real life faults
Now co-located with the RELIABILITY CONNECT® Conference
CBM CONNECT Conference has always included sessions focused on reliability improvement, including the Asset Reliability Practitioner (ARP) workshop and certification, but now we have taken that a big step forward. CBM CONNECT Conference is now co-located with RELIABILITY CONNECT® Conference. You get more of what you need!
The topics include:
- Implementation strategy development (plan, business case, reliability economics, milestones, asset management, ISO 55000)
- People management (leadership, culture change, engagement, skills assessment, training, certification)
- Defect elimination (project management, design for reliability, life cycle cost minimization, acceptance testing, SOPs, ODR)
- Reliability engineering analytics (statistics, criticality analysis, Pareto analysis, Weibull, Crow AMSAA, Monte Carlo, RBD)
- Asset strategy development (RCM, FMEA, PMO)
- Work and spares and continuous/material management (master asset list, bill of materials, change management, planning, scheduling, STO, CMMS)
- Precision skills & proactive tasks (a reliability leader and engineer’s view of installation, commissioning, asset care, 5S, alignment, balancing, lubrication, fastening)
- Condition monitoring (a reliability leader and engineer’s view of vibration analysis, ultrasound, oil analysis, motor testing, infrared, etc.)
- Continuous improvement (root cause analysis, communication, KPIs)
Now there are more streams, more workshops, and more exhibitors. You can still focus on the condition monitoring topics if you prefer, but you now have the option of attending sessions that cover the practical side of reliability improvement.
What is CBM CONNECT Conference Australia?
This conference is Australia’s best and only conference that is 100% for and about the training & improvement of the machine condition monitoring industry. As such, our training conference covers a broad range of technologies and sub-industries that revolve around keeping machinery in working order such as:
- Vibration analysis: the way to detect slight changes in vibrations that occur as a result of machines suffering faults
- Reliability engineering analytics (statistics, criticality analysis, Pareto analysis, Weibull, Crow AMSAA, Monte Carlo, RBD)
- Infrared thermography: thermal imaging technology that is used to detect manufacturing faults
- Wear debris analysis: oil sample analysis used to detect metal wear particles and other contaminants
- Motor testing: measuring motor currents to uncover faults in supply voltage
- Ultrasound: high frequency technology used to detect friction, turbulence or impacts within machines
- Lubrication: ensuring the long life of mechanical parts through proper lubrication
- Condition monitoring: appropriate condition and functioning can extend lifespan
- Alignment and balance: minimizing centrifugal forces to decrease strain and improve the reliability of machinery.
CBM CONNECT Conference is the first conference and exhibition in Australia to bring together all of these industries in one place. Our three to four-day conference presents industry professionals with the perfect opportunity to improve and grow their industry knowledge, mix with like-minded peers, learn new strategies and approaches and hear from the biggest and most respected names in the industry.
Who should attend CBM CONNECT Conference Australia?
CBM CONNECT Conference (formerly known as IMVAC) is designed specifically for condition monitoring professionals, maintenance managers and reliability engineers. From hands-on workshops, interactive learning sessions, real-life case studies, to the latest technologies featured in the expo, this training conference provides practical learning in the important aspects of industrial condition monitoring technologies.
Why should you attend CBM CONNECT Conference?
There are more than just a couple of reasons that professionals attend. Here are the top five:
- This is the only condition monitoring Training Event in Australia. In fact, our series of conferences are the only ones of their kind anywhere in the world. That doesn’t mean they are small though. You’ll find every day packed with activities.
- We offer industry professionals the chance to attend keynote addresses and over 50 educational presentations from experts in Australia and across the world. You’ll also have access to the exhibition hall where companies demonstrate the latest products and trends every day.
- We also offer a unique networking opportunity for professionals. Rarely do you get to meet fellow professionals from across the country and across the world. But here it happens each day.
- We bring you thought leaders and industry experts, like our founder Jason Tranter, who discuss new approaches to the challenges you, and the industry, as a whole, are facing.
- You’ll discover new approaches, technologies and tools that will completely change the way in which you work.
CBM CONNECT CONFERENCE Australia brings industry leaders to you!
The opportunities to meet real industry thought leaders and experts are few and far between when it comes to vibration analysis and condition monitoring, but we do the hard part for you! That’s because we go to great efforts to book some of the biggest names from our industry to lead discussions and give keynote addresses. And it gets better; You won’t just have the chance to hear these people speak, you’ll have the chance to ask them questions as you mingle with them over lunch, dinner and during other events.
You can build and grow your network
Cultivating a world class network is often overlooked in this industry. But it can be a great benefit to you and your business. If you want to meet like-minded industry professionals from across Australia, then there’s only one place to do it — right here. We bring industry professionals together so you can trade ideas and build connections that can help you overcome the challenges facing your business.
CBM CONNECT CONFERENCE Australia empowers you to stay ahead of the curve
Our industry is competitive. If you aren’t up to date on the latest trends and technologies, you could get left behind. That’s why it is so important to remain knowledgeable, but doing so is hard in an industry like ours. For many, the only way is to attend an event like this, where all of the world leaders are brought together in one place. A lot of the focus of our training conference is on educating attendees about the latest industry trends and about introducing new and cutting edge ideas by the industry leaders who do what you do daily.
We also give you the tools to convince your boss to let you attend CBM CONNECT CONFERENCE
If the above points aren’t enough to convince your boss, we provide you with templates and worksheets that will more than do the job.
Perks of attending CBM CONNECT CONFERENCE Australia
Thinking about attending? Here are a couple of things that we think you should know about before you arrive.
- Your pass entitles you to full access to the training conference, all of the keynote addresses, presentations, the exhibition hall and a welcome gift. It also allows you to receive continental breakfast every morning, refreshment breaks throughout the day, lunch and dinner with entertainment. The pass does Not cover accommodation or transport costs.
- We have been able to secure a special nightly rate at the hotel where the conference is being held, although you are not required to stay there to attend. Make sure to specify you are attending the conference when making reservations.
- Wifi will be available throughout the conference and we recommend that attendees wear business causal attire for the duration.
- If you have any special requirements or dietary needs, please let us know beforehand.
Earn certifications at CBM CONNECT CONFERENCE
Opportunities to network, learn and explore aren’t the only thing that we offer. Just like at the rest of our worldwide conferences, we give attendees the chance to sit for the ARP, CMRP, SMRT, ICML and Accredited ISO Vibration Analyst Certification exams. Find out more about each of the exams offered here.
Sponsor and Exhibit at CBM CONNECT CONFERENCE Australia
We welcome sponsorship’s and new exhibitors! If you would like to sponsor the event, please get in touch with our team, the details of how can be found on the Become a Sponsor/Exhibitor page here.
What is next?
We only host this training conference once a year so we urge you not to miss out. You can register for your pass today by visiting our Australia registration page.
CBM CONNECT Conference is powered by Mobius Institute, a worldwide provider of reliability improvement, condition monitoring and precision maintenance education to plant managers, reliability engineers and condition monitoring technicians. Mobius Institute has trained and provided accredited certification to over 35,000 practitioners all over the world. Training is important, but on-going learning and skills improvement is essential to stay on top in this important field, with offices in Australia, Europe, India, Mexico, Middle East and the United States. Mobius Institute offers easily understandable and comprehensive training in public, in plant and online, in addition to these fantastic conferences. Learn more about Mobius Institute.
Condition Monitoring management involves the proper implementation of condition monitoring technologies and the interpretation of the results, for the purpose of supporting greater uptime of a plant's production.
Vibration Analysis is an excellent technique to identify machine faults through non-destructive testing. Variations in the narrowband vibration spectra can identify a wide range of fault conditions, the severity, and the change over time.
Or thermal imaging, is an affordable, easy to use technology that provides an image where pixel color is related to temperature. It can be used to detect electrical, process & mechanical faults.
Oil Analysis & Wear Particle
Also known as ferrography, WPA is the microscopic study of wear-related particles suspended in lubricating oil & grease. Identification of particle shape and material type, can provide a very clear and early indication of specific faults.
Utilizing motor current measurements, and optionally voltage measurements it is possible to detect a range of faults in the supply voltage, in the stator, rotor, and termination box.
When friction (wear), turbulence and impacts occur, sounds are generated at frequencies above our hearing range. The ultrasound tools can detect these sounds in mechanical, electrical, and process applications.
Key to the life of bearings and gears, and thus the reliability of the machine. If the oil or grease is clean, dry, has the correct chemistry & is applied in the correct volume, those components will deliver trouble-free operation.
Alignment & Balancing
If the coupled-shafts are “collinear” (have no offset or angle between them) then the load on the shafts, coupling, seals, and bearings will be greatly reduced, thus maximizing their life.